Vascular Surgery Hillsborough & Somerville, NJ
Vascular Surgeries and Services:
- Aneurysms – may include endovascular or open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm or popliteal artery (aneurysm at artery behind the knee) to prevent life-threatening rupture.
- Carotid Artery Stenosis – Carotid artery surgery is a procedure to restore proper blood flow to the brain. You have one of these arteries on each side of your neck. Blood flow in this artery can become partly or totally blocked by fatty material called plaque. Such a blockage can reduce the blood supply to your brain and may cause a stroke. Carotid artery surgery (endarterectomy) can prevent stroke.
- Dialysis Access and Creation/Insertion and Maintenance
– AV (arteriovenous) fistulas and AV grafts are surgical procedures to create a direct access for the dialysis specialist to withdraw and reinfuse blood for dialysis.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease treatments – Restoring blood flow with a vascular procedure provides good relief of symptoms. Procedures include but not limited to: Balloon angioplasty and/or stenting; Atherectomy is a procedure that utilizes a catheter with a sharp blade to remove plaque from a blood vessel. A surgical bypass reroutes blood flow around the blood vessel blockage by creating a new pathway for blood flow using a graft or patient’s vein.
- Renal Artery Stenosis – Disease of the arteries that supply blood to the kidneys – a condition known as renal artery stenosis – is less common than the more familiar form of atherosclerosis, peripheral arterial disease, but is equally serious. Treatments may include renal angioplasty or stenting.
- Varicose Vein treatments – Modern advancements in medical treatment have made the goal of restoring proper venous blood flow by eliminating varicose veins even safer and more effective. Treatment methods vary from collapsing the veins from the inside – endovenous vein ablation (heat) – or physically removing the vein, to different methods of sclerotherapy. All treatment methods can be performed separately or in conjunction to offer the best results.
See the VASCULAR CENTER for all our Vascular testing services.